About Green Mall
Green Mall is the largest and first garden centre in India- spread over 15 Acres. Shri Dinesh Chandra Rawat has founded this centre of ” Green Excellence” in 2007. Theme behind Green Mall has been to inspire and help people to “Go Green”.
Green Guru’s Journey into the World of Greens!
Global warming and climate change have emerged as the biggest challenge to humankind. He wanted to be a part of the solution with his small might. The devastation of the Tsunami in 2004 propelled him to dedicate himself to the cause of “Inspiring People to Live in Harmony with Nature.” He dared to sacrifice all the relations, network, and intellectual wealth. He started scaling down his business empire and moved his abode from Kolkata to a South 24 Paragans in west Bengal. His international travels had given him several greening concepts that were not vogue in India. He established one of the best nurseries on 25 Acres of land he had purchased during his business span. He introduced almost two hundred Palm tree species in India and started urban landscaping with palms. He introduced using coco-pith in pot plants, a substance just a waste product in India. He established a garden center, “Green Mall,” in 2007, one of its kind in India.
He wrote many articles and books. Soaring Height, Palms for India, Green Your Surroundings, and Green Gurus’ Gardening Guide are ideal for inspiring and guiding city-dwellers to green their homes. Indian Botanical Garden entered into an MOU wherein he provided them technical guidance and enriched Palms and Sansivieras. He submitted environment protection and enhancement plans to India’s Prime Minister, the Government of West Bengal, and the Kolkata Municipality. He established the “Safal Jivan Institute” to impart greening training and develop “Green Entrepreneurs.” He found a trust, “Prakriti Bandhu,” to create a platform to create awareness about global warming and climate change and take proactive measures. “He is popularly known as “Green Miracle Man.” He is elected president of the Indian Nurseryman Association (Eastern India) and Vice-President of the All India Nurseryman Association.
“Let’s Make India Green” has been his mission. With his experience and organizing capabilities, he created a “Green Eco-system.” When the world encountered the COVID pandemic and prolonged lockdowns, he devised a methodology to train people online with profound research and creativity.
He is now offering courses and training on Home Gardening to city dwellers, Careers in gardening, landscaping, floriculture, plant renting, garden maintenance, and nursery business
How it Works?
Green Mall Stretches for Your Benefit
- We have added 15000 Sqft of covered showroom space to store and display various categories of Non-plant items required for horticulture, gardening, and landscaping.
- We have added 10000 Sqft of covered greenhouses to display exotic indoor plants.
- A large range of indoor plants has been added to our collection, suitable for vertical gardens.
- A large range of succulents and cacti have been added to our collection for the first time.
- Over 700 types of imported and Indian ceramic pots have been added, and a new section of 2000 Sq ft of the showroom is dedicated to their display.
- We have introduced new-concept Miniature Trees, which are ideal for rooftop gardens.
- Few varieties of carnivorous plants have been collected, like Nepenthes, Sarracenia & Venus flytrap.
- Over 50 varieties of exotic tropical grafted fruit plants have been added to our earlier fruit plant range.
- 25 varieties of new boulders, gravels, and pebbles have been added to our existing collection.