Planting & Care Instruction:
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Natural indirect/artificial bright light is ideal for growth.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
Use of Fertilizers
- Before the application of fertilizer (like Vermicompost or Cocopith or GM Organic) loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- Feed the plant with organic fertilizer once in two months.
- Apply water immediately after the application of fertilizer.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the topsoil (3-4 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
FAQ about ZZ Plant
What is a ZZ plant good for?
ZZ plant is good for the decoration of a room that receives low light or AC rooms and those who want to a plant with very fewer water requirements.
When to plant ZZ cuttings?
Start planting cuttings of ZZ plant in Spring(February-March) or Summer(April-June) season.
Do ZZ plants like to be pot-bound?
No plant likes to be pot bound. If you observe pot-bound condition for your ZZ plant then consider re-potting it.
What fertilizer can be applied to the ZZ plant?
Any organic fertilizer like vermicompost or succulent specific fertilizer like Succulent Booster.
When to fertilize the ZZ plant?
ZZ plant does not require many fertilizers for its growth. However, Apply organic fertilizer once in a month (January – March).
Do ZZ plants grow fast?
ZZ plant is a relatively slow-growing plant.
Where to place the ZZ plant?
Place ZZ plants indoor at a location receiving indirect bright light like Living room, Bedroom, Balcony receiving indirect light.
When to water the ZZ plant?
Apply water to your ZZ plant when the soil in the pot (3-4 inch) feels dry to touch.
Can ZZ plant grow in low light?
Yes, ZZ plant can be grown in relatively low light condition but ideal growing light requirement is indirect bright light.